|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
|Location||City of Escalera in Punta Orgullo, Nuevo Paraiso|
Vincente de Santa
|Voice Actor||Hector Atreyu Ruiz|
–Raul Zubieta after being challenged to a duel by John Marston
Judging by his rank and the medals on his chest, he is a staff officer, but is lower ranked than Allende.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
Zubieta appeared in many missions that take place in Nuevo Paraiso. In the mission An Appointed Time Zubieta and his soldiers captured Abraham Reyes and were preparing to execute him until Marston arrives. John threatened to kill Raul and his soldiers if they didn't let Reyes go. But before Raul can answer, Luisa Fortuna charges the major with a Knife. She is shot three times in the chest and falls dead to the ground. In rage, Marston kills Zubieta's soldiers and Zubieta challenges Marston to a duel, in which Zubieta is killed.
In the Undead Nightmare, Zubieta appears alive and well, defending Chuparosa and El Presidio. There is no unique interaction between he and Marston. He still arms himself with his Schofield Revolver seen in the base game.
- “Aahaahhhh! John Marston! ¿Qué tal gringo?”
- — Raul greeting the player
- “You think you can tell me what to do, friend?”
- — Raul Zubieta (upon being confronted by Marston)
- “Ay, díos mío!”
- — Raul Zubieta after Luisa gets shot
- Raul and Colonel Allende are the only seen soldiers in Red Dead Redemption with medals on their uniforms.
- Before the mission "An Appointed Time", Raul can be seen playing Poker all over Nuevo Paraiso. He can also be found in the office in Allende's compound doing work, such as stamping and signing files at the desk, using the telephone and occasionally going out on the balcony to smoke a cigar. He will usually leave to play Poker at 6:00pm.
- He (or at least a soldier with his model) can be found in Undead Nightmare guarding El Presidio.
- Sometimes during "An Appointed Time" the game can glitch and he will duel Marston with a Volcanic Pistol.
- The major is one of the few Mexican Army members that does not wear a hat.
- His character model is sometimes seen in the caves in "Landon Ricketts Rides Again".
- Raul, like any other duelist in a mission or stranger task, cannot be disarmed during the player's duel with him.
- After the duel, his character model is never seen again.
- Raul is the only duelist to have a unique draw, as he fires from the hip and squats when he fires.