|Hey there, cowboy. This article looks a little bit small.|
I reckon you could impress me by contributing to it. Don't be shy now.
Red Dead Online Beta was released on November 27, 2018 first for owners of the Ultimate Edition, and gradually opened for more players until November 30, 2018 with everyone gaining access.
The beta for Red Dead Online launched in full on November 30, 2018. Early access prior to this rolled out incrementally as follows:
- Tuesday, November 27th: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners.
- Wednesday, November 28th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to internal data.
- Thursday, November 29th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th.
The Red Dead Online Beta was made available to all Red Dead Redemption 2 players on Friday, November 30 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. When booting up and arriving to the title menu, players will see an option in the top right of the screen to select Online.
Players can create and customize characters and tailor abilities to suit play styles. Once ready, they can explore the world solo or with friends. Posses can be created with up to seven players. Players have options similar to Red Dead Redemption 2, in that they can gather around the fire at camp, head out hunting or fishing, visit towns, battle enemy gangs and attack their hideouts, hunt for treasure, take on missions and interact with familiar characters from across the five states, fight against other outlaws in both spontaneous skirmishes and pitched set-piece battles, and compete with other players or whole Posses in open world challenges.
|To be added.|
- Survivor Camp Theme (Ultimate Edition exclusive)
In multiplayer the player can choose between select mounts.
Mounts that can be unlocked are:
- ↑ IGN, Jordan Sirani (September 26, 2018). Red Dead Redemption 2 Requires 105 GB Install, Supports Up to 32 Players Online: "First spotted by Rockstar Intel, U.S. retailer Target revealed the figure through the image of the PlayStation 4 Pro Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle seen below. While file sizes can vary across platforms, Xbox One owners should expect to clear a similar amount of hard drive space."
- ↑ Rockstar Games Staff (June 4, 2018). The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition, Ultimate Edition and Collector’s Box : "Free Access to the Survivor Camp Theme: Customize your own personal Camp in online with free access to the Survivor theme."