|This article concerns unreleased content. Some information may be incorrect, but new information may be coming.|
- “An epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland, the game's vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.”
- — Official description
Red Dead Redemption II (or Red Dead Redemption 2) is an upcoming western-themed action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar San Diego and published by Rockstar Games. It is scheduled for release on October 26th, 2018 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It is the third entry in the Red Dead series and a prequel to 2010s Red Dead Redemption.
Red Dead Redemption II is a western action-adventure game set in an open world environment and played from a third-person perspective, featuring single-player and online multiplayer components. The game has new features absent from the previous game. Scenes in the trailers show characters wading in water, using bow and arrow, dual-wielding revolvers, and using a canoe. Wildlife and hunting in the game have also improved.
- Main article: Characters in Redemption 2
- Arthur Morgan - Morgan is the main protagonist and playable character of Red Dead Redemption II. He is a member of the Van der Linde gang.
- Bill Williamson - a member of the Van der Linde gang.
- Dutch van der Linde - Dutch is the leader of the Van der Linde gang, and Morgan's boss.
- John Marston - a member of the Van der Linde gang.
On October 16, 2016, Rockstar Games changed all of their social media and Newswire images to two red and black Rockstar logos, one of which appeared faded in a similar way to several Red Dead Redemption screenshots. The following day, Rockstar teased another photo, appearing to show Dutch's Gang walking in front of the sunset. On October 18, 2016, Rockstar formally announced Red Dead Redemption 2, and a trailer was released on October 20, 2016.
On May 22, 2017, Rockstar announced the game was delayed until spring 2018 and released screenshots from the game.
On September 28 2017, Rockstar released the second trailer, revealing Arthur Morgan as the game's protagonist and Dutch van der Linde as one of the central characters. The trailer also revealed that the number '2' had been changed to the Roman numeral 'II', similar to that of the GTA series.
On February 1st, 2018, Rockstar delayed the game for the second time, announcing the release date for October 26, 2018, along with 7 new screenshots of the game.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Rockstar Games Staff (February 1, 2018). Red Dead Redemption 2 is Coming October 26th 2018: "Dear All, we are excited to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on October 26th 2018. We apologize to everyone disappointed by this delay. While we had hoped to have the game out sooner, we require a little extra time for polish. We sincerely thank you for your patience and hope that when you get to play the game, you will agree the wait will have been worth it. In the meantime, please check out these screenshots from the game. We look forward to sharing a lot more information with you in the coming weeks. With thanks, Rockstar Games"
- ↑ Red Dead Redemption 2 Specifications: "Platform: PS4, Xbox One"
- ↑ Rachel Weber (December 21, 2017). Red Dead Redemption 2 - Outlaws, trailers, and everything you need to know: "Meet your new Red Dead Redemption 2 hero: outlaw Arthur Morgan. Our first introduction doesn't exactly present him as the 'take him home to mother' type. We're sure there's more to him than threatening people and robbing banks, but right now, all we know is he's rough around the edges and in the employ of original RDR antagonist Dutch van der Linde - which sets the game's timeline firmly in prequel territory."
- ↑ Red Dead Redemption 2 Information: "The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience."