If a user wishes to become an Administrator, they can apply here.
Anyone can comment on the nomination, but the final decision will be made by the Bureaucrats.
Accepted - WugHD2.0
Im here a lot, and post a lot of news i can help you guys out?
WugHD2.0 14:07, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I can't see why you can't help out in your current state. You can still add information in your current state. Besides, we already have 3 sysops and this is a pretty small wiki as of yet. I don't see why we would need more now. Lordofthelargepants The Zipper and The Pockets 22:46, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
- On that note, I think that as soon as we start requiring for administrators we should consider Wug. -- Tiktaalik 00:59, April 22, 2010 (UTC)
Declined - Juicestain09
Now I know I've just really started helping out the wiki lately, but I just wanted to throw my name in here because I'll be making a lot of changes and edits to help make this a very good wiki. I know I'm not in the running to become an admin right now, but just watch me and see how much I do. This is one of my favourite games and I plan on getting the platinum trophy, so I will know lots and be able to contribute tons of info. Thanks! --Juicestain09 08:05, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
We currently have a lot of new admins, and you need to gain some experience first, since this is the first wiki you've ever edited. Lordofthelargepants The Zipper and The Pockets 18:59, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Declined - Assassin8me
Reason for applying for this position and other relevant information. Assassin8me 12:07, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
I love red dead wiki and use it a lot, i am playin a lot of red dead and want to contribute
- As far as I can tell, you haven't really proven yourself in any way, with regards to editing. Nor do you have any former admin experience to show. I'll have to say no. -=KAG=-The VaultNO 15:59, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Declined - carlos 'quickdraw' burritos
Reason for applying for this position and other relevant information. Carlos 'quickdraw' burritos 13:51, June 2, 2010 (UTC) i have just joined today but iam willing to spend time on wikia.
- I definitely appreciate your interest in the position, but at this time I will have to decline the request. Firstly, we currently have a full and very active group of administrators. You're still very new to the wikia and your capabilities and dedication are yet to be demonstrated. That being said, there is still a lot you can do to contribute to the Red Dead Wiki as an editor. Thanks for the interest -- Tiktaalik 14:55, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
Declined - Bumfree
I am very active on the wikia and have made many edits on various articles. If i am accepted i will be an even more active member and help the community in as many ways as i can. Bumfree 22:45, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
- I would agree that you are very active, and have shown good competence on the wiki, Bumfree. Unfortunately, the team is pretty full right now and is managing well. In the event that a space opens up, I think you will be considered a very strong candidate. Thanks for your interest in the position! Cheers -- Tiktaalik 22:34, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
Declined - PreyOnYou
Reason for applying for this position and other relevant information. 17:01, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
I really enjoy editing. I am the editor of the school paper and am an avid Red Dead player. I have one of the largest posses in the game, desert fox, currently having 13 members. I have enjoyed using this wiki and hope that i can contribute more. I know i had a minor ban earlier on. however, i did not receive my warning message until it was too late for me to stop posting pictures of the guns. I really was adding them to help people see the similarities of the game and real life. I hope that i can help be an admin on this wiki. I know you have mentioned how you have a pretty strong team as it is, however, the more administrators there are, the more likely this wiki can be well kept up and maintained. I think that if there are more trustworthy administrators, the standards of this wiki can be maintained, or even improved. I really hope i can be a contributor to the team as an administrator!
Prey Crush the Infamy
- Prey, let me start off by saying that I totally agree that the documented warning you received was definitely done to be pragmatic and was not a punishment. As far as I am concerned, that won't be an obstacle. Unfortunately, I caught you removing content from your talk page earlier. This is a violation of the Red Dead Wiki rules, and although you only received a warning, it also demonstrates that you're not fully aware of the rules. That being said, I think it would be premature to give you administration rights. You definitely made some sound arguments, and this current declined request does not rule it out in the future. Keep contribution positively to building the wiki and you're definitely on track when we make considerations. Cheers -- Tiktaalik 01:57, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks man! I appreciate the thorough response that you gave me, i know there is still a lot i can work on.
Declined - Blinzy45
I have done an amount of anti-vandal work. I am also fairly know around the wiki. The hours that I edit(early morning) contain a large amount of vandals, with hardly any admins. I feel that if a vandal is doing its thing and there are no admins around what can I do to stop him except warn it. I contribute to the organization of the wiki, like keeping things in the correct sections. I feel that if I were an admin that I could do more to help. Blinzy45 11:17, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Edit-wise, you haven't done very much on the RD:W Most of our spots are currently full, and we are actually looking for more experienced admins that have experience dealing with vandalism on other sites, or that have otherwise proven themselves to be very active editors. Lordofthelargepants The Zipper and The Pockets 11:48, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, I will be back eventually after I heed your advice. Blinzy45 11:54, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
Declined - John Marston's Revolver
I believe id make a good admin because im on regularly, i know a lot about this game so will know when information is accurate —Preceding unsigned comment added by John Marston's Revolver (talk • contribs)
You have made exactly 37 edits on this wiki. We already have quite a bunch of admins. We're more looking for an experienced admin. Lordofthelargepants The Zipper and The Pockets 18:35, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
Accepted - CoD addict
I believe I qualify for administrative position because I am online a lot, I am friendly towards other users, and have helped both many mainspace articles and other users. I have warned about 20 vandals, and most of them could not be blocked because there had been no administrators online. With my dedication to the wiki and the hours I'm online, I believe that with administrative capabilities I can combat vandalism and help the wiki to the best of my abilities. Thanks, -- CoD addict · (talk) 04:40, July 24, 2010 (UTC)
Declined - Mernimbler
I would love the chance to become an Administrator on the Red Dead Wiki. I frequently use the site, but unfortunately I occasionally forget to log in. Can I help you existing Administrators improve this site even further? I know my edit history is far from well-established, but still. I would like to continue making edits to the site and will do so even if rejected and thrown away like last week's newspaper.
Mernimbler 19:44, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
I'm sorry, but there are a lot of other, more experienced users applying for adminship here at the moment. You might be a candidate in the future, if you keep up editing. Lordofthelargepants The Zipper and The Pockets 09:47, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
Accepted - Blaff 60
I'm active here as always and helped here a lot before and after the game was released. I believe that I may become a good admin, but if I'm declined for the promotion, it's ok for me. I'm always here and contribute many pages in this wiki, I also fight against vandalism and protect pages if i may become an admin.--Blaff 60 20:13, July 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Thank You.--Blaff 60 16:50, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
Accepted - JackFrost23
Well, I'll go ahead and throw my hat in since I'm here every day anyway and I've been keeping an eye out for vandalism and the like as a default.
I have contributed several pages, many, many pictures and even took the time to code the mission flow on the mission pages (that took me some time, I'll tell ya). Oh, and I forgot that I streamlined all of the mission walkthrough pages, too...
However, I also know that I'm not well-liked, so it wouldn't surprise me if I were to be declined.
JackFrost23 21:07, August 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I, Crowbar, endorse this message. Let me tell you, this guy is so helpful, I actually thought he was an admin, and now that I know he's not, he definately should be. --Crowbar, resident grammar ninja 15:43, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Uh, wow, thanks Crowbar... - JackFrost23 20:42, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. You would do good for the wiki with admin tools. I'll contact TNT LotLP. -- CoD addict · (talk) 17:23, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Sweet. - JackFrost23 05:07, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I've seen your work so far, and it's nothing short of impressive. I'll have to give you admin rights for this. Consider yourself promoted. Lordofthelargepants The Zipper and The Pockets 09:47, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you, sir, and I appreciate the kind words. - JackFrost23 15:29, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
Accepted - Crowbar
I have recently notice an increase in trolls/spammers/vandals, however, these, along with pointless pages have become something of a nuisance, I know I have not been a member of this wiki very long, but I do care a lot about the quality of the Red Dead Wiki. It tears at my heart to see vandals do things that I can only revert, but not damage at the source. I believe I would be a fair admin, and that I could clean up some of the more suspicious members of the wiki, along with their hideouts. Thank you. --User:Crowbar
If it would help to see my contributions at the Left 4 Dead wikia, you may do so here
Also, I would like to mention that I have been warning vandals/trolls, and reporting them to admins when they ignore the warnings. Such vandals and trolls include a "BK-Bronco"and some unregistered users, I am also almost always on my laptop and nearly always have recent changes open in a tab.--Crowbar, resident grammar ninja 18:48, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
You seem like an experienced user, and that is a handy thing to have. I think you indeed qualify for being an admin, and your other given reasons all make sense, especially with the vandals, atm. Congratulations! Lordofthelargepants The Zipper and The Pockets 09:47, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
Inactive - Matt of the wastes
Hi Matt of the wasteshere. I have noticed a lot of vandalism lately and nothing is being done about it! I can change that. I have knowledge of Red Dead Redemption/Revolver and have achieved 100% completion. If you make me an admin, I can help stop those dirty rotten vandals in their tracks. Matt of the wastes 08:41, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
Inactive - Formcody
hello im Formcody im here because i want to help people and tell them things that others have really never found on red dead redemption but franckly people say a lot of mean stuff about some stuff i posted up because they never belived me when everyone else did try it and commented it work and im getting sick of that people like that shouldn't be making comments to hurt people only because they think there tough being on a computer saying shit to others to just wrong and everywhere i go on the computer there's alwas something about being a monitor or something but a lot of them i wanted to be one but i couldn't ask to be one or nothing and im here because i want to be a monitor basically so people like that cant do stuff like that here people should be bale to do stuff without someone alwas criticising them or how ever you spell i don't know how to spell that 1 word but anyways i know what a monitor should do i know how they should act and everything and never should abuse their power and im online a lot don't know why but I been in a lot of placs with depretion and i meet a lot of hurtful people and because of them they make me want to help people and be a monitor on the computer and such so my point here is i want to become a monitor can i be one please accept me as an admin and im not jokeing about that depreshion thing i really hate people being mean for no reason. sorry for it being so long ima typer.
and please im not a lier on what i say this is the only thing that sets me off is getting called a lier im a very honest person i hate being a lier. but if i do become a monitor and someone calls me a lier and i take it hurtful what could i do? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Formcody (talk • contribs)
Inactive - -Blodymaryman
Ya I'd like to help out on the wiki since my computer started working. Also I am interested a bit in adding pictures to pages. I am also ranked #21 on the wiki. Blodymaryman 23:06, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
Accepted - Annonnimus
Well, I don't need to be an admin, I'm perfectly fine with just having rollback, but I see many admin tasks not being performed on regular basis i.e., looking over problem reports, deleting articles nominated for deletion and enforcing some rules and policies (other than blocking people). Other things that need to be done: All posse pages need to be checked if they aren't in violation of our policies, blog posts need to be checked for unneeded categories and there's a lot of them.
- I'm a bureaucrat here as well as a couple other wikis, have rollback here (they have enough admins so I never bothered applying for adminship)
- My edit count
- Although I haven't edited "a lot" lately, I'm constantly patrolling the recent changes for vandalism and 'bad edits' and checking special pages for articles that need maintenance.
- Also I know all the policies pretty well.
Something to consider
- I have only 4,467 edits on this wiki.
- Active for 3 months (minus a month when I was in the "ass-end of the world")
- I've played Red Dead Redemption for only one day (Red Ring of Death)
This decision is entirely up to you guys, I don't mind if the request is declined, the only question is, whether this wiki needs another admin, to perform regular maintenance.
Thank you --Anon talk 18:46, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm impressed with the quality of your edits. I believe that giving you admin rights would only benefit the wiki, not detriment to it. Welcome to the team. TNT Lordofthelargepants The Zipper and The Pockets 10:05, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
Inactive - EmceeGrath
I've been active here for a little while now and have amassed a reasonable 200 or so edits in the short time since I joined. At the moment editing is actually my real-life job. The primary reason for my request is that (as the problem reports log reflects) I seem to have an uncanny knack for running into bad pages (vandal pages, joke pages, duplicate pages, pages that need renaming, etc.) and vandalism. I'm happy to deal with problem reports and other policy issues as they come up, and some of our admins seem hard-pressed at times, so more hands may make lighter work of things. Either way, I am happy to continue handling problems with pages and continue making contributions to the wiki, as RDR really is my favorite game.
EmceeGrath 02:37, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
Declined - Rockgod3221
I have been playing the red dead series for a while now, And been playing red dead redemption since the day it came out. At first i really didn't get the story or gameplay. When i got to the end of the game i decided to play it again and follow deeper and deeper into the story, characters, hunting, etc. And then i got so into it that i haven't stopped playing it. Now its just online for me and nothing else. I also have all the addons for RDR, I am just awaiting for the undead nightmare pack so i can go back to single player again. I have been using this website for a while now, And it helped me to reach 100% in game stat. I will still be using this website for a long time, and i will gladly help out if you need me.
Brandon. (AKA) rockgod3221
- However much I appreciate your gesture to help out, we already have a number of admins, skilled at their work, appointed. You have exactly 12 edits on this wiki. I'd very much like for you to gain some experience "in the field" and try again later, if you wish to become an administrator. TNT Lordofthelargepants The Zipper and The Pockets 10:26, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
Inactive - Fryingpan57
I would like to be an admin for this wiki Ive noticed that this wiki could use a cleaner I check the official Rockstar games website newswire at least 25 times a day and plus Im an addict to this game I do not boost Ive gotten the platinum legitimately.So please consider me as a frequent news updater or a cleaner.Fryingpan57 02:50, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
Inactive - Hammer-Head 1
I would like to be an admin,i love helping people and im really nice,i abide by the rules and T.O.S and(as far as i know) ive never been reported,i have been put on a 7 day ban for giving my info to a friend that ended up hacking me but other than that ive had a clear record.
Declined - Wasteland Survivor
Ive been playing red dead revolver and redemption since they've first came out and ive gotten almost all trophies on ps3 version and i have over 100 edits and have erased any vandalism ive seenWasteland Survivor 20:00, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
- 100 edits is not what I call a warrant of experience, we'd rather have somone with more experience. Your progress in the game does not matter, by the way. TNT Lordofthelargepants The Zipper and The Pockets 20:07, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Its actually 151 editsWasteland Survivor 20:19, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Inactive - ZERO N7
I have not been on the wiki a lot this week because I have been working and when I have I have been working on my blogs, I would however like to become an Admin, despite recent charges of insulting Wasteland Survivor. I love the game very much and I will begin to edit much more and I have erased and replaced any vandalism or incorrect information from pages that I have seen. I would very much like to become an Admin so please take me into consideration. I also am on now every day and I do everything I can to help the wiki and I'm nearin 200 edits. ZERO 21:01, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Inactive - Coppyright HD
Hello there, my name is Aaron Russell and I would like to request for an adminship. I go on the Red Dead Wiki all the time and hope you think i'm up for it. If however there is a problem please tell me so that I can inprove. My Red Dead level is 8 and 3rd legend (but soon will level up).
Coppyright HD (Aaron Russell)
Accepted - First Tiger Hobbes
Hello. I guess it's about time I put my request in. I've been here awhile now and made a decent amount of edits. Quite often I'm the first one to deal with vandals, but without the ability to block them, it starts an edit war, so I have to stop and just report him to an admin. I think I'd be a good addition to the administrators because I make good edits, I know the rules, and it could be useful to have an extra hand to deal with maintaining the wiki.
As for edits here, I've created multiple pages for random citizens and even got pictures up, although they were bad, they were there so at least something is there. I have also edited the pages for the multiplayer characters because many users get them mixed up with their singleplayer/free-roam counterparts. The remainder of my edits is mainly clean-ups. As for communicating well with other users, I sometimes comment on blog posts and I try to be polite and helpful. The odd time I post on someone's talk page to warn them if they are vandalising or something similar, other times I help them with their edits or if they are continuously posting things that are wrong. I am the creator of the The Dollars Trilogy Wiki, but so far only one other person has edited it, and it was a vandal. I also am the adopter of the Blood and Ice Cream Wiki, and I have admin experience there.
All in all, I think I'd be a good addition and could help the wiki more if I was an admin. I do understand if I'm not accepted, maybe there's too many admins or I'm not experienced enough or whatever reason. I just thought I'd put my request out now. Thank you for reading. -Hobbes 17:31, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Reddeaddude 15:54, March 20, 2011 (UTC) I think he would be a great admin because he often deals with vandals straight away and has a great deal of knowledge about the game. I know from several users that he deals with vandals quickly and politely, if he had the power to ban the user it would be much easier and I don't think he would ban someone without good reason. I have also seen his work on 'The Dollars Trilogy Wiki' and it is really good. Anyway I better get back to editing. Thanks for reading, Reddeaddude 15:54, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
Declined - Assassin1012
I know i did some stuff on here but i didn't read the rules of the west now i know and know i want to help this wiki anyway i can so i request for adminship.Please let me be. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Assassin1012 (talk • contribs)
- Assassin1012 has a history of achievement boosting, messy edits, and creating random blogs. Also, user is now inactive.
Inactive - DocOpusBrown
To become an admin is a privilledge. I understand a lot about red dead redemption, in fact i have got 100% in RDR and Undead nightmare. I know a lot of stuff that can be added, as I will contribute some cool secrets that players can perform that will help boost there experience. I can also help build up pages that need editing and i can regularly update articles that need touch-ups, specifically undead nightmare. nonetheless, i can provide a thorough understanding of red dead redemption. So if you will, i would like to become an admin. Despite joining about 3 months ago, i have a vast knowledge of rdr and undead nightmare as well as the liars and cheats, legends and killers, hunting and trading outfits, and outlaws to the end, as well as oodles of sp and mp challenges. I hope i become an admin and its always fine with me if you say no. after all, your the admins, not me.
Post Script: I also know that if i become i cannot go around deleting, messing up, changing, or distorting articles that others wrote.
I wish to become an administrator for this wikia because I wish to prevent vandals from ruining all this wikia has tried to do in giving important information to gamers playing this incredibly well-made game. —Preceding unsigned comment added by DocOpusBrown (talk • contribs)
Declined - IrishCowboy1911
I wish to become an administrator for this wikia because I would like to help in preventing vandals from ruining all that this wikia has worked for in giving important information to other gamers who love playing this incredibly well-made game. Thanks! IrishCowboy1911 22:07, February 22, 2011 (UTC)IrishCowboy1911
- I'd like to point out that IrishCowboy1911 has many times in the past run afoul of several administrators due to poor or sloppy editing and does not comply with their requests.
- He has recently acquired a month-long ban because he was abusing 3 accounts to make edits the admins specifically asked him not to do. And after the 3 he'd been using were banned, he came back under a fourth unnamed user and tried to make an end-run around his ban to make edits on the site.
- He should probably just remain an editor.
- - JackFrost23 20:45, March 10, 2011 (UTC)
- IrishCowboy1911 also returned recently to continue adding birth and death dates. After being threatened with a block, he has become inactive.
Declined - Dmcthunder999
Hello admins! This is Dmcthunder999, i just wanted to ask if i could have adminship on this wikia. I plan on improving this site and helping to stop vandalism, I am a huge fan and know much about the game and all of its features. I plan to edit a lot and help. Please accept my request but even if you don't, ill be editing and helping out a lot. See ya on the pages! :)
- I'd like to point out that Dmcthunder999 was only active in order to post this request. He has made very few contributions to the wiki.
Declined - Razor-6-1
Hey i think this wikia is very good ao i stay on it.If i will be (or wont be) i will still edit.could i be an admin.If so here is my app
Why i think i should be an admin:Because i edit things if they are wrong and is spell them right.I fight with vandalism and want to get RDR wiki very good Tomorrow .I know some Spanish so i could edit Mexican pages.I am a big fan and i know pretty much about RDR.I have all of the DLC so i can provide (and will) with tons of info.
Hola Hombre.Hope you pick me.
R-6-1 08:03, April 25, 2011 (UTC)Razor-6-1
Declined - Willdog102
Hello, my name is Willdog102, and I am a big fan of Rockstar games, but mostly just Red Dead Redemption. I am on this wiki probably every day, and I love editing pages. I know literally EVERYTHING about Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare. They are both my favorite games, and I have achieved 100% in both. I also have Red Dead Revolver, and have beaten that too. Also, I am level 50, and all prestige in multiplayer. I know everything about this game, and could extremely help this wiki out. I hope you think over your decision.
Willdog102 20:42, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
- I'd like to point out that Willdog has a history of achievement boosting and vandalism. While he has since cleaned up, an admin with that kind of history would be unacceptable.
Declined - RedDeadKiller99
First of all, hello to all Administrator's of the wiki. I have several reasons why I could be a good Administrator based on your decision.
First, I have read the rules of the Wiki. I understand it clearly that you cannot do many thing's with people who are being offensive towards the site and it's users e.g. posting inappropriate messages on talk pages, asking unnecessary questions, treating the Wiki like a social site and so on... Well I have been on the wiki for almost a week now, made good edits, not many but helpful ones. I have seen some people without an account creating blog's, saying inappropriate words and then asking someone to block them. I am myself sick of those kind of people and want to help by at least reducing the amount of them that dare to treat a helping site badly.
Second, the game. I have lot's of experience with the game. I have completed it more than four times and three of them with 100% game completion thanks to this Wiki. I have been playing the game since May, 2010 and still enjoy it while playing co-operative mode, competitive mode or even single player. I know lot's about certain animals in the game, people, lands and more. It seems like the site has everything but I always keep trying to think of something that is already not put up or mentioned, and if I think of something, I put in Trivia section, walkthrough section or where ever else it belongs to. My experience with the game might not be as much as some of Administrators (maybe) but it is still strong.
Third, dedication. I am addicted to Red Dead Redemption and it is my No.1 game for a whole year now. I have lot's of fun and enjoy playing with mature people. I am the highest Legend and level in the game which can prove my experience with the multiplayer mode. I also have all the DLC's for the game and know much about Undead Nightmare story, Liars and Cheats modes and Co-Op missions Tips & Tricks.
I am not saying please make me admin like some people I saw in the other request's, I am saying that those three reasons altogether can provide an extra hand. I may not have many edit's (100-150) because I am also editing on other Wiki's. Although I am on this Wiki everyday looking for something to edit so I can provide extra information. Thank you for reading my request. -- The RDK 03:30, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
- I have changed the title of your request to conform to others, and also added "In Progress" in front. Honestly, you're a good editor, but you need some more experience and you aren't as active as an admin, or prospect, should be. If you start editing, with good edits, on a daily basis, you would be considered. However, right now, we don't really need any more admins.
- Also, your block will not be held against you, as it was a mistake on my part.
Declined - Ttsahood
ive been coming to the wiki several days now and am know very well to some administrators i never have been boosting for achievements and have always tried to get us much in for this wiki but ive made 100 edits so far and am trying to go further.Ttsahood 14:16, September 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry, mate, but 100 edits won't cut it. You need to be more involved with the wiki. Plus, only 6 of those edits have been to actual articles.
- Furthermore, it doesn't bode well that you can't even title your request like the others.
Declined - Hedevil247
I want to be an admin, because i'm the owner of the YouTube channel. the video far away has 15287 views! and the undead nightmare trailer has 10473 views, many people ask me things about the wiki on YouTube, i've now 17 subscribers. talkpage http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Hedevil247
- I know that I'm not an Admin here, but I want to write my "opinion" about this request:
- 1. There are many "wikians" that have Youtube channals, this not making you "special" or something.
- 2. You made ONLY 80 edits, only 30 of them are main pages, unlike the active admins here who each one of them made more then 2000 edits.
- 3. Give a better reason why you want to become an Admin here.
- That is all I wanted to say, sorry for not "voting" for you. -- Ilan xd 14:33, October 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Ilan xd is right, Hedevil247.
- "Owning" the Red Dead Wiki youtube page does not mean you should be an admin. People get promoted due to their contributions to the wiki.
- Furthermore, if people are asking you about the wiki, and you don't know how to answer, why should we think you can handle being an admin? It requires a little more than basic knowledge of the game. And if I may voice my opinon, 17 subscribers isn't that much.
Withdrawn - Riley Huntley (Rollback)
Hello Admin crew,
I am applying for Rollback. As an active contributor on this Wikia, I am in chat very often and currently have over 1,300 edits. I enjoy using and making templates, and love helping others. I would go on about my level and xp on rdr but I personally don’t think it makes a difference. Over the past 2 months of me being a active contributor, I have helped in several vandal attack on pages, user profiles and posse pages; created a few pages and made useful templates. I have my own test Wikia which has helped me learn all the admin/founder tools and advantages. As a rollback, I would like to help others by ensuring no vandalism is made to pages. When I first joined this wiki I made a few mistakes, which are all noted in my talk page if you want to see.
- I have helped in many ways, (i.e. Templates, reverting vandalism,
- My edit count.
- Even though I don’t have 2000 edits, I still try to be as active as possible.
- I know all the policies and have incorporated them to my Wikia.
Something to consider
- I have only 758 (main) edits on this wiki.
- Contributor for only 2 months.
- I've had to make mistakes in order to learn unfortunately but I have been in good shape on wikia since my mishaps.
- I agree with all the points Riley made in his request. I've followed up to apply blocks for a good number of vandalism incidents that he had already caught and reverted. In general, after the initial learning curve he noted, he has displayed good judgement with the "undo" command and has certainly shown a lot of initiative with templates and similar back end technology.
- I also belive admin deserves Rollback rights. He is a bcrat/admin on my wiki and has been a big help with coding and Templates. This is the wiki he keeps talking about, that he dreams of becoming an admin one day here, his home wiki. He loves to help out and deserves to have rollback rights here. Also, considering he has been here for 2 months and has contributed to this wiki alot, I believe he deserves Rollback rights.
- Riley, I know this withdrawal has to do with other users receiving rights over you.
- I thought that giving you the posse page deletion project would give you something to do whilst giving you more time on the wiki.
- Since I haven't been paying specific attention to what you've been editing, I had hoped the project would give me something I could focus on for evaluation and at the end, I would've more than likely granted you the rollback ability.
- You are a little too impatient it seems, something I've mentioned to you when we've chatted. Which, of course, means my little experiment failed.
- I hope you'll reconsider and complete the project.
- As I've told you in the past, I appreciate your enthusiasm. Don't throw that away just because you didn't get granted rollback immediately.
- - JackFrost23 20:13, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Hello Jack,
- The reason I am leaving this wikia has nothing to do with with not being pormoted,
- at the beginning of this month I went through a life changing experinnce with I lost the lives of a few friends.
- Ever since I have been having trouble with stress and other issues specially with my girlfriend isolating herself out from everyone else.
- My withdraw was becuase you didnt necessarily say no to me in chat but you didnt say yes either, I am going on a vacation on March 6th to get away from this all,
- I decided earlier this month that I wanted one last project before i left, you were right, I wanted power so someone would remember me some how before I left.
- This wiki has taught me so much already, in these short months of me being here (ie. Making templates, java scripting and thnaks to Queyh punaction.)
- As I have said to other users in chat before I leave I want to finish my porject which is getting closer to being half done.
- Yes, in many ways I have failed, another reason for me wanting to leave sooner.
- I dont know why I am telling you things, wether its for people to show sypathy or to show im have a rough time and its hard to be patient. I hope when all this is over I can come back and have a more normal life. I request roll back originally to help with the posse projects but there isnt as much vandalism as I suspected.
- Thank you for your time and reading this,
Declined - Wasteland Survivor (2)
I am requesting to become an admin I tried to request earlier but accidentally put it on another's request, I have been been here on this wiki for over 2 years, and I hope to stay as long as it is running, I have over 100 edits, and hope to add more in the future. My greatest wish on Red Dead Wiki is to become an admin. Thank you for reading this--Wasteland Survivor 03:32, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Not going to happen.
- You've not been here "over 2 years," you joined in July 2010. You've got a few more months before you can say that. Also, your last edit was made in November 2010. You joined at the end of July and were active until late November, which is only four months. After 16 months of inactivity, you come back and one of the first things you do is make another adminship request?
- I really hope I'm not coming across as rude. You're going to have to spend more time here, show that you're willing to stay and not disappear for more than a year. You'll also need some more quality edits under your belt, because out of your 120 edits, only half of them were made to articles. The rest were primarily blog comments.
- Hope you understand.
- Okay I understand--Wasteland Survivor 13:05, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
Declined - AJ1776
I am not so much into adminship but a level of small authority. What are they and how can I get it?
But anyways, I believe I should have one for I have made over 500 edits in a few months. I know A TON about and I have gotten MANY badges considering edits.
Once again, I don't really want adminship but a roll backer or something like that.
AJ1776AJ1776 03:59, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
- In one word: No (as not yet)
- I don't want to be rude or something. AJ, while you did many edits, it is too early for you, even for Rollback rights. Not to mentioned that you was blocked untill yesterday, and you ask Rollback rights, right after the blocking was over?
- Maybe in a few more months, but as for now, I don't think you deserve Rollback edits, I also think you treat to that request as a joke- adminship and rollbackship are a serious matter, and it is NEVER a joke.
- Whoa slow down there. A joke? Sorry for the in convince. Also, I wasn't saying I wanted it right then (it's difficult to express emotions in words). I understand, but I also wasn't lookiing for a roll backer either.
- AJ1776AJ1776 21:55, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't know the ranks, I just want to see if I could get some promotion.
- AJ, if you just wanted to know the "ranks" of the Staff here, you could ask me, Hobbes, or any other member of the Staff. I'll explain you:
There four "ranks" in the Red Dead Wiki. Most wikis have three-four ranks:
- Rollbackers\Patrollers - Users with a Rollback tool. They can revert many edits with only one click. Examples: User:Queyh
- Chat Moderators - Users that can ban and unban other users from the chat, in other words, kick someone in the ass from the chat. Some Chat Moderators have also Rollback tool, and are unofficially called "Moderators". Example: User:Sam samurai and User:Ilan xd
- Admins - Users who can block\unblcok users, delete\undelete pages, protect pages, edit MediaWiki, and of course Rollback and chat bans. Example: User:First Tiger Hobbes, User:2ks4, User:Legalize.it, User:Annonnimus.
- Bureaucrats - Top users of a Wiki, Have the same rights as Admins, but they can also promote users into one of the other three ranks, or demote them. Example: User:JackFrost23
- This is a complete waste of space. It's the Requests for Adminship page, meaning you request adminship here, not just "something." It kind of annoys me that this was, admittedly, just a test to see if we'd promote you. And I don't mean to talk down about it, but rollbackers have no authority. The lowest form of authority on this wiki is chat mod, and you're not on the same level as either Sam or Ilan. They do a fine job themselves.
- Request also wasn't titled properly. If you wanted to know the ranks, you could have easily visited the "Administration" page.
- tl;dr - request declined.
- Well guys, where else would I ask, The community central? Sorry for your inconvience, I only wanted to see what you guys thought what would be good for me.
- AJ1776AJ1776 00:33, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
Declined - AJ1776 (2)
First off, I would like to say that I hope to redeem myself here after my informal and unkept request for promotion last time. So, I am applying for the Rollbacker position. Some reasons are, I have made MANY edits, which is over 1,000 now, I am here practically everyday (example: I have just earned the 30 day contribute badge). Speaking of contributing, I have earned my place on the leader board at 16 today, and I hope (and will rise my way up) through the numbers. I am a frequent spotter with vandalism, and am usually the first one to clean it up (example: I cleaned out 3 vandals just yesterday). However, I have had a block before, so that's something to consider, (however, I have used their advice and WILL NOT do it again). Another thing (although probably not as important), I have good relations with the other Rollbacker, whom is Qster (Queyh). Speaking of other rollbackers, after GamerMatt's permanent block, I would help fill in that gap.
All in all, I believe I would be exceptional at the promotion for having all of the qualities to do good at this job.
Thank you for your time,
AJ1776AJ1776 05:17, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
- I think that you would be a great rollback but I would like to ask a few questions.
- A) Have you ever used rollback rights before?
- B) Do you believe that being on the leader board makes you a more important user than someone else?
- C) Do you use the undo button or do you just remove the writing by editing the page
- I would just like to point out that out of your many edits, only 658 of the 1,123 are in the main space. Also, when reverting edits by other users please state so in the edit summary so that admins can see that a user vandalized.
- Hi Riley,
- A) No I have not, however, I'm eager to learn.
- B) I mentioned the leader board because means I have earned badges, which also means I have contributed to the wiki.
- C)I remove it by editing.
- D) I actually have wrote the summaries.
- Well thank you, however, is that a yes or a no?
- I would just like to point out a few issues regarding your request:
- Firstly, regarding your edits, I am aware that you have made over a thousand edits. However, as Riley pointed out, only roughly half of them are main space edits. Also, it's all about the quality of the edits, not the quantity. You have a habit of editing a page multiple times in a row, oftentimes making very minor changes. What's more, I've reverted a good many of your edits because they did not improve the article.
- Now, rollback rights aren't that big of a deal, but we only want users that we can trust will use them properly to have them. The point of having rollback rights is to revert vandalism. Yes, you do often spot vandalism. However, I have seen that sometimes you will just remove the vandalism rather than undo it, meaning someone now has to come back and re-add the information the vandal used.
- That's about all I have to say about that. Though, I would like to say, I find these requests for rollback here a touch annoying. This is clearly the requests for adminship page. Rollback is not that big of a deal, but if we want someone to have it, we'll talk to them in chat or contact them over their talk page.
- All-in-all, this is a no from me. I do hope you'll excuse me for any rudeness, but I don't think that you'd be a good fit at this point in time. I will leave the request open, however, as 2k or Legal might wish to throw in their 2 cents. Also, promotion decisions are left to Jack. He, too, might wish to comment.
- Now that you have answered my questions, I will have to say no but the choice is not up to me of course. You are a great contributor but you need more experience.
- First, you do not always sign your posts as observed above, which doesn't make you look good because if you can't sign properly, then the chances of you roll backing an edit properly lower. Secondly, the leader board does not matter as some of your edits have been "Achievement Boosting." Thirdly, when you "undo" an edit you do not use the preferred and proper method, after all, it is there for a reason. Plus, you do not write the proper summaries because when I went to your contributions and I searched "Reverted edits by" nothing came up about the three edits you reverted this week. Also, as seen here you cannot even undo your own edits. I am sorry if this is coming across rude but I am just trying to point out ways that you can improve. Actually, you could have just not saved the edit originally since you knew that you made a mistake per what you said in the edit summary....
- MSgt R. HuntleyS&W M&P 17:09, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
Declined - Mmeemmee4
I'm sorry, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.
Declined - Rulertoner
Declined - Rulertoner
I don't need to be a admin, I am fine with not being accepted, but I see many admins not being around recently and I was wondering if I could become the admin too make people stop messing about and just edit properly(mostly wiki contributors). Now I know I can be a bit "Sneeky" and mess about but I will try not too. I will try to be a reasonable admin.
Now I know there is a low chance that I will be a admin but if I do then I will NOT mess. Thats a promise.
I won't mind If I don't become one!
Rulertoner 17:35, February 24, 2014 (UTC)
Yes I would like to become an admin, I've been active on this wiki for years and there has been lots of vandalism lately, I just can't stand it, and I've got the experience from past Admins to become one, and keep this wiki like how it's supossed to be.
(Oh and forgive my english please.)
Declined - Ottakanawa
I'm definitely going to be active enough to keep an eyes out. I adhere to the community guidelines, as you can see by my edits, and I'm completely unbiased. I believe that a wiki should be just that, a wiki. Not some place where people can come and post trivia that is not confirmed by the game creators or in some cases has nothing to do with the game, that is called achievement hunting. I think this is a great wiki and that with a few more active admin it could become even greater.
- User has only made 21 edits, and hasn't made any edit since May. -- iLan (XD • Edits ) 09:20, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
Declined - Joshua Martin56
Howdy as you can see my username is Joshua Martin56 but you can call me Josh, Anyway i think you should promote me to admin because i am very good with computers and websites. I also know everything there is to know about red dead revolver and redemption. so that means when i see somthing wrong i can help fix it. I hope you will consider this application, just understand i want to help you guys.
I believe I am a good candidate for Andmin. I have helped with many edits, and I am like a walking encyclopedia of Red Dead information. Thank you.