Welcome to Red Dead Wiki: Requests for Promotion.
You may apply for Deputy rights or Sheriff/Marshal privileges on this noticeboard. To do so, you must meet the prerequisites, and then state what position you are looking for and why you think you need the rollback and/or administrator tools.
Deputies are given the Rollback tool that allows users to quickly revert vandalism. They are also given Chat moderator rights that allow them to kick and ban users from the wiki's chat. In addition, unlike standard contributors, they can also move and/or rename pages.
Sheriffs have the power to block and ban users, protect pages, and delete pages and images, in addition to rollback, Chat moderator and move/rename rights.
Marshals, in addition to the administrator tools, have the ability to promote and demote users, excluding other bureaucrats.
To qualify for rollback rights, editors must have been active for two months with no rules violations. Rollbackers must receive a 60% 'yes' percentage to be promoted.
To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active Patrollers for four months with no rule violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted.
Editors with rollback and administrator experience on other wikis are encouraged to apply, and based on the editor in question exceptions may be made to the length of time editing required for promotion.
When applying for promotion, a community vote will take place. Voting lasts 7 days, although it may be allowed to run shorter (in the case of an obvious pass/fail) or longer (in the case of a very close vote) at bureaucrat discretion. Only bureaucrats should close votes.
Application users who are caught tampering with other users' votes, such as changing a 'no' to a 'yes', will have their request closed immediately.
Please submit your requests at the top of the "Active requests" page subsection.
Declined - RedDeadLover985Edit
- Hello, my user is RedDeadLover985. I would like to request the role of deputy, as I edit articles almost daily, as I see most articles that get vandalized I try to revert them to the natural form. My goal is to try and ban vandalizing users from this great Wikia, I also hope to edit and proofread any article and be honest and fair with my editing. If possible I can rename pages to either be brief and better, if you'll accept me as one of your deputies I will try my best to succeed.
no Since you haven't been active here for that long of a time I would say, no. Your edits are great, always good to have some assistance, but as an admin I don't see that giving you a promotion would be needed since you have only been active around here for 3 days. Be active here for a little while longer, I'd say a few weeks, then you can go for it again. Note that this is just my personal opinion and that it is in the end up to the Bureaucrats to make the final decision. Other people may also vote during this time. Best regards JackiBackiBoy 17:12, March 13, 2018 (UTC)
- I see some potential having you as a staff member, but when it comes to vandalism, any user can revert edits by clicking the "undo" button. We can't end vandalism, but we can certainly ban users when they do it. Current staff members are active and perform this role well. A user doesn't have to be staff to make great edits, and in my opinion, most pages don't need to be renamed. I see potential, and I'm sure you'll make a great addition, but I'm somewhat mixed on whether to accept this or not. I'll leave that vote up to the other staff. The Smartest Smark (talk) 03:10, March 13, 2018 (UTC)
Declined - Emen383 Edit
I am requesting the administrator position.I have experience helping mods and admins on other sites, and I have the confidence that I can handle the admin role. Emen383(talk) 18:17, July 8, 2018 (UTC)
no You have just started editing here, and your first edits ever were nominating yourself to adminship. Please, make a few hundreds of edits, clean pages up, revert vandalism if you see some etc etc, before asking straight for admin rights. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 19:32, July 8, 2018 (UTC)
no First of all, you do not meet up with the requirements for even requesting the role of administrator. As seen HERE, the requirements for requesting adminship are as follows: "To qualify for administrator rights, editors must have been active Patrollers for four months with no rule violations. Administrators must receive a 70% 'yes' percentage to be promoted.". As of the 9 of July, 2018, you have made 4 edits. All of them being on the requests for promotion and adminship pages. That will be a no if you ask me. JackiBackiBoy 10:33, July 9, 2018 (UTC)
Declined - Linus SpaceheadEdit
Well, here it is, we all knew this day would come eventually and of course, the admins are already well aware of who I am, the infamous Linus Spacehead, the only deputy on this wiki at the moment. I'm sure that by now you're all aware of my capabilities and what I can bring to the table, I've tested the waters for a little while and now I feel that I'm ready to jump in, therefore I am making my request to become an administrator. I feel that as an administrator, I should be ready to enforce the rules of the wiki at all times, rather than ignoring it and allowing it to continue. An administrator should be able to set an example to their peers instead of being a bully something that I believe I am more than capable of doing, I believe that I would uphold the rules as well as I possibly can. I'm already very well acquainted with the current marshal JackiBackiBoy and sheriff Raziel Reaper and I sincerely hope that I can rely on their support as I make my request for promotion.
08:47, July 12, 2018 (UTC)
In my book you meet the requirements for administrator rights. You can edit in source editor (pure wikitext) and you have some knowledge of CSS, both of which are big cornerstones of the wiki. You a very active in chat which allows for a better maintained chat. You have proven to show dedication for the wiki by helping me out with projects and suggesting new additions to the wiki. Even though you haven't been active that many months and haven't gained that much of an editcount, I still think that the quality of edits should outweigh the quantity. I would like to see you follow this pattern and grow as an editor in the process. It's a clear yes for me. Best regards, JackiBackiBoy 08:57, July 12, 2018 (UTC)
- no There are numerous reasons, which anyone in the Discord server knows, why you aren't yet fit to be a Sheriff. You're to immature, and can't take being accused of playing a joke. Not only that, the wording of this RFP is nothing more than a poke at your opinion of me and my ability as a staff member, which might as well be more immature than your actions. I admit that I'm human, and every human has a few problems that they are trying to work out. I overstep my boundaries sometimes, but I'm working to fix that. As for these screenshots, they are simply my proof that you're not fit yet for the role of sheriff. In a few months, I might vote yes. Steven James (talk) 15:53, July 12, 2018 (UTC)
- no Well, I've been thinking over this nomination for the last day, but eventually, I'll have to go with no for now.
Looking at the edits, Linus has helped with cleaning up grammatical mistakes and reverting questionable edits or vandalism, but nothing beyond that. His edits are often pretty minor imo; I'd like to see him doing more significant edits (re-organizing pages that look messy, re-write thin sections or poorly written segments, upload better quality images in case pages need it, etc) before I can call his edits admin-quality. I also haven't seen much of his Wikitext and CSS skills put into action, so for now, it is nothing but informed ability in my eyes.
Secondly - and more importantly - it's his attitude. Linus is often friendly and out-going, but can be temperamental, impatient or immature. This was best seen during his time on the Discord; While I can understand and sympathize with him, the way he handled it - including leaving the discord server TWICE over a day, his general hostile behavior towards a fellow user and just continuing with the subject even after it was done with (though it wasn't dealt with properly), shows me that right now, Linus is unfit for the position as of now. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 15:11, July 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Personally, I wasn't blown away by this nomination. In my opinion, a nomination needs to be humbly-written, polite, professional, describing your skills, abilities and past experience. That one felt like a bad job interview, one that didn't convince me of Linus' worth as a potential admin. Those not so subtle jabs at a fellow staff member also didn't do him much favor in my eyes. As was the name-dropping of my and JackiBackiBoy in hopes we'll vote for him. I will say right now, if a user wishes to be an admin, then they need to act mature and level-headed. In my opinion this request came up way too soon, and he should have worked for at least two more months on expanding his edit count AND improving his behavior, not to mention that the entire situation on Discord is still fresh in my mind. -- User:Raziel Reaper (Talk To Me • Edits ) 15:11, July 13, 2018 (UTC)
- After reviewing the events that have happened over this past week, I do agree with the current decision on my promotion, my behaviour has been absolutely appalling, I am completely ashamed of myself and am currently working to make amends. I don't believe that I am fit for the position until after I have worked on my behaviour. 16:12, July 15, 2018 (UTC)
no - Due to a minority voting yes, Linus's bad behaviour and Linus's resignation I have come to the conclusion that the result of the promotion is a 'No.' Sincerely, JackiBackiBoy 16:13, July 14, 2018 (UTC)