|Scientific name||Salvia miltiorrhiza|
|Revenue from sale||$2 New Austin|
$3 Nuevo Paraiso
$3 West Elizabeth
- Note: prices listed on this page are based upon the player having neutral honor and playing the game on Normal difficulty. If the player has high honor, the selling price will be decreased by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. Low Honor increases selling price by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. While playing the game on Hardcore difficulty, money is more scarce and the base, neutral honor price of each item will be slightly lower.
Rust red leafy heads on a bed of dark green stems and leaves.
The player will find this plant in and around the Río Bravo area of the New Austin territory. It is rarely found in Mexico, south of Río Bravo. It is hard to find due to the many rocks. It can be found around the Two Crows and east of Critchley's Ranch. It also grows in very great numbers around Repentance Rock and near the path north of Fort Mercer.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
- 4 Red Sage must be gathered to complete Survivalist Challenge Rank 3.
- 2 additional Red Sage must be gathered to complete Survivalist Challenge Rank 10.
- 3 Red Sage are needed for the Stranger side-mission "Flowers for a Lady"
- 10 Red Sage are needed for the Stranger side-mission "Deadalus and Son".
- 1 Red Sage or any other type of sage can be combined with 1 Violet Snowdrop to give a Phosphorus Coating to bullets fired, but only after completing the mission "A Cure for Most of What Ails You".
- To help find Red Sage when it's required, try buying a Survivalist Map from a General Store. This will make it much easier to find them, considering how much they blend in with the terrain.
- MacFarlane's Ranch: $3
- Armadillo : $3
- Thieves' Landing: $3
- Escalera: $2
- Chuparosa : $2
- Blackwater: $4
- Manzanita Post: $4
All prices are based upon the player having neutral honor. If the player has high honor, the selling price will be increased by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. Low Honor decreases selling price by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing.
- The description "Popular with women of a certain age" is a sardonic reference to one of the herb's real-life uses; as a treatment for symptoms of the menopause.
- The genus name 'Salvia' is derived from the Latin 'Salvare', to be saved, an ancient reference to Sage's curative abilities. From at least as far back as the Middle Ages, Sage has been documented as a 'cure-all' with references to longevity in folk medicine.
Obtain Legendary rank in any Single Player Ambient Challenge.
Attain 100% in the Single Player Game Completion stat.