- “Disguise yourself as one of Reyes' Rebels and you will be treated kindly by the law in Mexico.”
- — In-game description
This outfit disguises Marston as one of the Reyes' Rebels. The player will be treated kindly by the law in Mexico (this means the player will not be pursued by posses and bounty hunters, but committing crimes will still cause lawmen to attempt to apprehend the player.)
This outfit acts the same as the U.S. Marshal Outfit but in Mexico. It consists of an intact poncho a headband and very worn shoes.
While using the cheat code "Gang chic" you can wear this at any time in the game. If you wear it at the start of the mission "Wild Horses, Tamed Passions" for Bonnie MacFarlane, John will walk into her house and take his hat off, then you will see the bandana on his head.
- Search Sepulcro - Just west of the eastern-most corner of the cemetery in a chest (along the southern wall inside the cemetery)
- Complete the Stranger side-mission "Poppycock"
- Complete a Horsebreaking job in Chuparosa
- Complete the Stranger side-mission "Love is the Opiate"
- Win at Five Finger Fillet in Torquemada - defeat all opponents (see Five Finger Fillet link for pattern)
- Purchase the scrap at the General Store in Escalera†
- If you use a cheat to get this outfit before you enter Chuparosa for the first time, it will show John in his hat but he'll be wearing what appears to be the Mexican poncho in perfect condition, but a color glitch will appear, making John's hat band red instead of black.
- Before starting Five Finger Fillet, if there are opponents waiting in the queue, just collide with the people standing in the queue. Very often, they will fall down and then move away from the table leaving you to face only one opponent.
Obtaining the Reyes' Rebels Outfit contributes toward acquisition of the following Achievement/Trophy:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.