Ridgewood Farm, much like MacFarlane's Ranch, seems to serve not only as an agricultural business, but also a gathering point for the local community. It is implied the farm employs many workers from the surrounding area. Despite being the site of a massacre early on in the game, it seems to recover very quickly. Oddly, though, the "farm" doesn't seem to have any crop fields, only livestock, making it more of a ranch than a farm.
Red Dead Redemption
A large portion of the Leigh Johnson mission "Spare the Rod, Spoil the Bandit" takes place in this location, as does the Nigel West Dickens mission, "You Shall Not Give False Testimony, Except for Profit". Nigel's next mission, "Liars, Cheats and Other Proud Americans" starts here.
Outlaws to the End
At the near end of the mission, two War Horses will spawn here, so if you want to ride one around in Multiplayer you can just save one Gang Member and ride around Ridgewood Farm until the last NPC gets killed/dies.
When the farm is safe, the player will receive the Springfield Rifle.
Sometimes when entering Ridgewood Farm on the western side, Undead might spawn in or outside of the Horsebreaking Job location; undead can also spawn outside of Ridgewood Farm at the western entrance.
It features a large farmhouse, a barn, a pen where cattle are kept, a corral where horses are kept, and a shed which is a rentable property later in the game. The main house of Ridgewood Farm has a remarkable resemblance to Brett McBain's in the 1968 Western movie; Once Upon a Time in the West.
- There are three women sharing a room. Mintie Cummings, and 2 other unnamed women: A blonde women with a bun and yellow dress, and a brunette, curly haired woman with a purple dress. When sleeping, the 3 women all cough, the coughing is the same audio for each. If you try to lasso them while they lie down, the other 2 women will teleport into a standing position and look shocked.
- If you attack the farm, but don’t kill anyone, all the residents will come back calmly after a while.
- Several of the workers here can be found in other settlements, possibly doing business. For example, Mintie, can be found in Armadillo.
- Safehouse (rent for $5 per night) (Note: you sleep in a shed, along with several other farmers)
- Sometimes rattlesnakes and/or coyotes, as well as other animals that appear in the area may spawn inside the farmhouse, especially if it's been vacated.
- Occasionally, if the player fast-travels to the farm, there may be no livestock.
- There is a corner on the outside of the farm with a pile of rubble, if a npc gets in there, they are stuck.
Prominent Mission Appearances
Red Dead Redemption
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
Have every territory saved at the same time during the Undead Nightmare
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.