The Schofield Revolver is a silver plated single-action six-shot revolver and one of the most powerful handguns in the game, sometimes killing an NPC with one shot to the chest or head. Even a simple shot to the lower leg can have a devastating effect. Combined with sheer stopping power, the Schofield also has decent range of around 50 yards.
In Multiplayer, the Schofield seems to lose its power against other players, requiring almost an entire cylinder to kill one at medium to long range. Its accuracy is unscathed however, and a well placed shot to the head will drop a player instantly.
The Schofield Revolver is great for dead eye and sharpshooter challenges, as one small round is fired out of this handgun.
- The Schofield Revolver is unlocked into the player's inventory upon reaching rank 9.
- It can also be obtained by killing another player who has the weapon equipped.
- In free roam they are commonly carried by Mexican Army officers, this can be seen especially in Escalera.
- The Schofield Revolver is based on the real world Smith & Wesson Model 3 "Schofield" Revolver.
- During the game when the player enters Mexico, most civilians and outlaws switch from Cattlemans to Schofields.
- If the player looks closely at the hammer right after they reload, it's left in the uncocked position until they shoot the first shot. Once the player shoots, the hammer becomes cocked and will be cocked back for the remainder of the rounds in the cylinder or at least until they reload, which is incorrect for a single-action revolver.
- In the Game Of The Year Edition, if the player turns golden guns on before starting "The Gunslinger's Tragedy", the Schofield will not become golden until after the mission is completed.
The Schofield Revolver can be used to unlock the following trophies/achievements.
Get a headshot while in Expert Mode in Singleplayer.
Kill 500 enemies with any pistol or revolver in any game mode.
Get 250 headshots in any game mode.