- “The 8-inch barrel gave this pistol an enormous stopping power with great accuracy. The specially designed grooves in the barrel along with lengthened .44 cartridge ammunition makes this weapon a formidable part of of one's arsenal.”
- — Description in game manual
There are only two Scorpion Revolvers in the whole world, custom made by Nate Harlow and his partner Griff to celebrate their discovery of gold at Fallen Creek. The name "Scorpion" refers to the fact that the grip contains an emblem of a scorpion. The scorpion was chosen because it is the spirit animal of Chief Running Moon, the grandfather of Red Harlow.
The Scorpion Revolver is first used by Red in a cutscene from the opening mission "Bull's Eye". During this cutscene Red grabs the weapon, which has been engulfed in flames, resulting in the Scorpion emblem being seared into his palm. It is next seen in the mission "Battle Finale".
The player first acquires this weapon after completing the game on Normal difficulty. In subsequent games it will be available for selection at the start of any mission which presents a weapon selection screen. Red Harlow is seen taking the weapon in the final cutscene of the game and the player is officially awarded the weapon on the statistics screen at the end of "Fall from Grace".
Sheriff Bartlett's JournalEdit
- The Scorpion Revolver is based on the real world Colt Army Model 1860.
- In the game manual it is listed as the "Scorpion Gun" while in Sheriff Bartlett's Journal it is listed as "The Scorpion".
- The scorpion emblem on the handle is reminiscent of the coiled snake design on the handle of the gun of the famous "Man With No Name" from the "Dollars" Trilogy, directed by Sergio Leone. Indeed, the main character Manco, from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly carries a gun of a similar make and model to the Scorpion Gun.