- The Semi-auto Shotgun can be purchased at the Gunsmith in Escalera for the base price of $1000. Additionally, with a high enough Honor, the price is reduced to $500, and with the Savvy Merchant Outfit this can be reduced to $250.
- It can be found during the story's final mission at the end of a short, dead-end hallway in the Escalera Catacombs.
- If the player failed to pick it up in the Catacombs, it can later be found on a pile of burning bodies whilst free-roaming. Picking it up will spawn a group of undead to attack, however.
- It can sometimes be found before the final mission when zombies attack a person and kill them and the dead persons gun will be on the ground near his body, a good place to find a person in distress like this is on the north side of the frontera bridge.
- The Semi-auto Shotgun is obtained at Level 26.
- It can also be found in a weapon crate when playing in Las Hermanas.
- The Semi-auto Shotgun can also be dropped by the Bollard gang or Walton's gang.
- It is one of the 3 weapons that can be found during an Undead Overrun match, and is also a part of the "mauler" loadout.
Tips and Tricks
- The Semi-auto Shotgun is great for playing on Expert Mode because of its wide spread and above-average magazine capacity.
- Up close, the Semi-Auto shotgun is capable of killing most players and animals in a single shot to the head or torso. However, like all shotguns, the Semi-auto drastically loses power when firing at distant targets.
- The Semi-auto shotgun is one of the best choices for going lone wolf in Gang Hideouts.
- The Semi-auto shotgun is also arguably the best mid-range weapon, because when shooting a person at mid range they will stagger, giving the player the opportunity to come up close for the kill.
- This gun is especially good in Advanced Cooperative Missions, as you do not have to aim so much, and you can fire multiple rounds in rapid fire.
- Like almost every other weapon in the game, combining Dead Eye with this shotgun drastically increases its range. It should be noted that the shot still has a wide spread, meaning aiming for the head in Dead Eye of a target very far away will not guarantee an instant kill.
- The semi-auto shotgun is a superior weapon when going hunting for big game. It is extremely damaging and will assure you a kill with one or two well placed shots.
- The Semi-auto Shotgun is based on the real world Browning Auto-5 Shotgun.
- The Semi-Auto shotgun has far better range than other shotguns in the game, although it has a greater spread than the Pump-action Shotgun. Despite this, the Double-Barreled Shotgun is the last shotgun to be unlocked in Multiplayer.
- Edgar Ross can be seen hunting ducks with the Semi-Auto shotgun in the Stranger Side-mission, "Remember My Family".
The Semi-auto Shotguncan be used to unlock the following achievements.
Purchase a rare weapon from a gunsmith.
Get 250 headshots in any game mode.
Get a headshot while in Expert Mode in Singleplayer.
Kill 500 enemies with any rifle, repeater, or shotgun
Attain 100% in the Single Player Game Completion stat.