|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon
you might ought'a mosey on down the road
if you don't want to read any plot details.
|Voice Actor||Joshua Bass|
Shaky is a petty criminal who sometimes works alongside his friend, Irish. Shaky has a very pronounced stutter, which is the origin of his nickname. He is referred to by Irish as a "hobble-tongued fella" which just about explains everything. Shaky is an arms dealer working out of the warehouse in Thieves' Landing. He works with a gang of bandits that, in one way or another, turn against him. John Marston saves Shaky by slaughtering the men that have had him tied-up and beaten.
He is known to be mocked by Irish. Shaky will sometimes attempt to respond to Irish with a witty retort, but his stutter dampens the effectiveness of the insult. Despite this, Shaky has a noticeably better personality than Irish, as he appears to be more courageous, fighting alongside John Marston, and seems to be more honest, immediately giving John the ammunition for the Gatling Gun, as he promised.
Shaky is featured in the mission "On Shaky's Ground", in which Marston saves him from being beaten. Irish promises Marston that Shaky will have the ammunition needed for the Gatling Gun. Unfortunately, they find that Shaky has been tied up by his fellow gangsters and they are beating him up in order to find out who he is working with. Marston breaks into the warehouse and eliminates the outlaws holding Shaky before untying him. The two then fight their way out into the storage area where they find the ammunition. Irish arrives and the ammunition is loaded into a wagon, after which Marston and Irish part ways with Shaky.
- “This is gonna be one-one-one-one-one hell of a fight.”
- — Shaky
- “Fu-fu-fu-fuckin' f-fuck!”
- — Shaky, cursing Irish
- “P-p-p-p-pl-p-pl-please please, mister. Untie-un-un-un-unt-un-un-un untie me, I'll make it w-w-w-w-worth your while.”
- — Shaky asks Marston to untie him
- Shaky is voiced by the uncredited Head of Art at Rockstar San Diego: Joshua Bass.
- It is implied that Shaky is a drug addict, due to Shaky being indebted to Irish for the sale of morphine to "calm his nerves."
- There is an interesting contrast between Irish and Shaky; while Irish is a drunken arms dealer, Shaky is a drug addicted arms dealer.
- Both Shaky and Irish are only known by their nicknames.
- According to Irish, Shaky drinks "like a warrior."
- His outfit bears resemblance to Savvy Merchant Outfit.