|Game||Red Dead Redemption|
Silent Stead consists of a desert area backed by mountains at the Northern edge of the map. A single small building is located in the middle of the area. A railway and a road both pass in front of the building.
- In the building, there is a chest at the foot of the bed containing the first scrap of the Treasure Hunter Outfit.
- Bounties hide out here; Marston will be tasked with hunting them down and bringing them in alive or killing them.
In the Liars and Cheats DLC, Silent Stead is one of the four Hunting Grounds available in the Free Roam Multiplayer mode. Here the player can hunt for cougars, which will come in waves. After all waves have finished, the legendary animal Demi the Cougar will appear.
In single player, Silent Stead spawns some raccoons, armadillos, and skunks,as well as cougars, wolves, deer, and several kinds of birds. It is possible to go around the back of the house and climb up to the roof to be safe from attack while giving a good viewpoint, useful for completing a few of the hunting and sharpshooting challenges.
- When facing the road, cougars spawn towards the right, by some of the boulders there. The wolves come from that direction, too. The cougars spawn in a relatively short amount of time, at two different points. When you see one, the other's not far behind. The wolves approach from the same direction.
- Occasionly an owl will spawn on the roof in the backyard of the house.
- Searching Silent Stead is one of the prerequisite tasks needed to unlock the Treasure Hunter Outfit.
- When entering Silent Stead, Marston might say "This place looks deserted", "What happened here", "This is creepy", "I wonder what went wrong", "I wonder what happened here," "Where is everyone","There must be someone here", "Looks like people left here in a hurry", "Something isn't right here". Much like he does at other deserted areas.
- Despite it being deserted, there will be smoke coming from the chimney of the home there at night.
Rarely an animal might spawn inside the house, so be careful for wolves or cougars.
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.