|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
Solomon's Folly also serves as the location for a mission found only in the PS3 and Game of the Year versions of Red Dead Redemption. A Walton's Gang Outfit scrap is located in the basement of a destroyed house.
Marston approaches Solomon's Folly and finds Sheriff Hugh Leathers crouched behind a rock. Leathers requests Marston's help in retrieving a safe stolen from the Armadillo bank by members of Walton's Gang.
After the abandoned farm has been cleared of outlaws, Leathers will ask Marston to drive the wagon, which has the stolen safe in the back, to Armadillo. If the player should choose to return the safe, Marston will park the wagon alongside the bank, at which point he receives payment from Baxter Deaton, the banker.
In Multiplayer, Solomon's Folly acts as a Gang Hideout in Free Roam where players can earn XP. Completing the hideout is a requirement for some PS3-exclusive Multiplayer Challenges under the Free Roam category and is also a requirement for a trophy, as noted in the Achievements/Trophies section, below.
The hideout has enemies appear in a few waves:
- Enter the area to trigger the hideout.
- Kill all of the gang members in the area.
- Kill all gang members in the basement before they reach the barn to receive a bonus +100xp.
- Kill the final wave of gang members to complete the hideout.
- If the gang members are killed and the mission isn't ending, everybody needs to leave the zone and head into the hills, then head back into the zone to begin the mission again.
- Title Update 1.02 reduced the experience gained from this hideout to a maximum of around 800 XP (before the patch, the maximum reward for this hideout was about 2,200).
- The last group of reinforcements will arrive if the player shoots one of the two snipers that appear at the top of some hills nearby.
The Solomon's Folly Challenge is available to all PS3 owning members of Social Club. This Challenge occurs at a small gang hideout South of Benedict Point. A local sheriff has tracked a bank robbing gang there and needs help retrieving the safe they stole. Safe Cracking skills and precision with a gun are requirements for this Challenge.
- Crack the safe on the first try.
- Get 3 headshots while driving the wagon.
- Fire 15 Shots at the most.
More details are available at Social Club Challenges.
- There is an underground shelter located on the south of the destroyed house.
- There is a man named Solomon Flake who often works as a ranch hand at MacFarlane's Ranch, though there is most likely no connection.
- This is the only hideout controlled by Walton's Gang that isn't in Cholla Springs.
- Next to the abandoned house is an unmarked grave.
- In Undead Nightmare it is completely abandoned.
- This is the only hideout that does not have Vultures floating about after completion.
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
|Hey there, cowboy. It looks like this little ol' article is a bit puny.|
I reckon you could impress me by adding to it. Don't be shy now.
If you're logged in, it'll help you earn them fancy achievements, too.