|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon
you might ought'a mosey on down the road
if you don't want to read any plot details.
| Red Dead Redemption:|
Undead Nightmare Side-mission
Birth of the Conservation Movement
|End||Northern-most area of the world map|
|Given by||Sasquatch Hunter|
|Location||Tall Trees, West Elizabeth|
|Rewards||Undead Hunter Outfit Scrap|
| Undead Nightmare|
"Curious Tales from Blackwater"
| Undead Nightmare|
In Tanner's Reach, Marston will come across a frightened frontiersman shooting randomly into the wilderness and yelling about Sasquatches. He will then task the player with killing Sasquatch in the Tall Trees area.
Before this mission becomes available, the player must complete:
To complete this mission the player must:
- Speak with the Sasquatch Hunter in Tanner's Reach.
- Hunt 5 Sasquatches in Tall Trees.
- Speak to the last Sasquatch.
After beginning the mission, a Sasquatch's general location will be marked with a light-green circle on the world map. After the player has killed 5 Sasquatches, he will come across the last one, who will tell John a very sad story about how he is the last of his kind. Facing only loneliness, the Sasquatch pleads with Marston to end his life. After this the mission ends and the player has the choice of either killing the Sasquatch or leaving it be.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults the Sasquatch Hunter or the girl.
Mission Complete UnlockablesEdit
- Undead Hunter Outfit Scrap
- Despite the hunter stating that Sasquatch are dangerous, the creatures will not attack the player or anything else.
- In the opening cutscene, Ayauhteotl is found standing next to the frontiersman.
- Another thing in the opening cutscene, is that the frontiersman is first shooting and standing with a Winchester Repeater, but after John says the line: You feeling alright, mister? I've seen a lot of strange things recently, but no Sasquatch running around here. Nor no place else. They're made up, the frontiersman will suddenly be holding a Rolling Block Rifle.
- In the final cutscene, the Sasquatch says "Shoot me. I can't take it anymore. Make it stop!". However, if the player attempts to kill the Sasquatch, it will run away, sometimes saying "'I'm done with this land!" If chased, it can be heard to complain "Must you humans kill everything?"
- When the Sasquatch is talking to John the background music that is heard is the same music which is frequently in the video game "The Warriors". The Warriors is another game which was made by Rockstar.
- The last Sasquatch says that he is the last of them, however, he likely thinks he's the last one, since exploring Tall Trees further will reveal more of them.
- The frontiersman wears an outfit similar to the Expert Hunter Outfit, an outfit featured in the Hunting and Trading Outfits DLC pack.
- Directly after the end of the final cutscene, John can be seen wiping his eyes with his left hand, as if to wipe away tears.
- The Achievement/Trophy for killing a sasquatch is named "Six Years In The Making". This is a reference to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, released six years earlier by Rockstar Games; there was a myth that Bigfoot could be found in that game.
- The Sasquatch can survive a shot to the head.
- Oddly, in the cutscene the Sasquatch Hunter is using the Rolling Block Rifle but after the cutscene he is using the Double-barreled Shotgun
- This is the only side-mission in Undead Nightmare that is located in West Elizabeth.
Completion of this mission contributes towards acquisition of the following Trophies/Achievements:
Find and kill a Sasquatch.
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.