| Red Dead Redemption|
achievement and trophy
|Description||Get a headshot while in Expert Mode in Single Player.|
Score a headshot on any enemy using Expert targeting mode.
- Almost any weapon can be used for this excluding the Hunting Knife, Fists, Lasso, and Thrown Weapons (like Dynamite and Fire Bottles), even though headshots are possible with these weapons.
- This achievement/trophy can be earned by shooting a hogtied victim.
- Although the player cannot use dead-eye to complete this, one can also complete this during any duel by aiming at the opponent's head.
- As of Title Update 1.06, the Undead now count toward acquisition of this achievement/trophy.
- If close to an enemy that hasn't seen the player, e.g. in the mission "On Shaky's Ground" when entering the warehouse the first enemy won't have seen the player, switch to expert targeting and shoot him in the head, then switch back to a preferred targeting.
- Go to the Armadillo saloon and shoot a Walton's Gang member in the head.
- Hogtie the last criminal in a mission, then use expert targeting to shoot the immobile victim from up close. It's not very heroic, but doesn't result in negative honor.
- Switch to Expert Targeting when using the Gatling gun. The chances of getting a headshot at some point are good.
- This is a strange translation from Gamerscore to Trophy, as for most games a 5G achievement would be worth a Bronze Trophy.