|The Old Bacchus Place|
|Game||Red Dead Redemption|
|Inhabitants||Theodore Eaves and Mintie Cummings|
Though the map and in-game notifications put it on a cliff just off the San Luis River in northeastern Diez Coronas, the Old Bacchus Place appears to be a small home and dock directly across the river from the specified point in part of Hennigan's Stead south of Thieves' Landing.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
Nothing much is known about the Old Bacchus Place. Theodore Eaves and Mintie Cummings (a black man and a white woman, respectively) appear to live in the house. There are also two chickens in the property.
During the Undead Nightmare, Seth Briars takes refuge here to wait out the plague by playing poker with the undead Moses Forth and eventually throws a small party in which the undead play 'music' while Seth and Moses 'dance' with two undead ladies Seth has dubbed 'Mary Lou' and 'Francine'.
The Old Bacchus Place consists of a small wooden shack that can be entered by the player along with a small fishing pier. Inside, there is a bed, stove and several cupboards. Outside of the shack, various fishing equipment is lying around and two beer bottles can be found on top of a barrel. Next to the house, there are clothes flapping in the wind. At the end of the small dock, there is a chest with some cash.
- On the side of the house there is written "I am one of those Famous fellas". This is a cheat code that provides instant Fame.
- Mintie and Theodore can be found in the vicinity of the house (The two people can be robbed/killed/looted without eyewitnesses because of its seclusion). At one point the man says, "Her husband don't know she's fucking the help."
- In the time period of Red Dead Redemption, it was forbidden to have an interracial lover, this may be why it is well hidden from civilization.
- The place is named after Bacchus, the Roman god of wine and revelry, though it is possible the connection is because of the two alcohol bottles on a barrel near the home.
- Near here players may run into a black man who wants to save his white wife from being hanged.
- Another black man can sometimes wander into the property, and even go inside the house. A white man can be seen on a patch of dirt, unmoving and not able to be greeted, but when frightened he can get onto the player's horse without warning.
- When fully zoomed in on the map, the location's name will show up in Mexico. Mexican music will sometimes be played at this location as well.
- Even though two people live here, there is only one bed.
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
|Hey there, cowboy. It looks like this little ol' article is a bit puny.|
I reckon you could impress me by adding to it. Don't be shy now.
If you're logged in, it'll help you earn them fancy achievements, too.