The Title Update 1.02 patch was released June 12th for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Red Dead Redemption. It fixed multiple in-game bugs, including those related to the connectivity issues that many users experienced during online play. The patch also introduced a new playlist for the multiplayer, Hardcore Free Roam, where everyone is forced to use expert targeting.
For both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, the patch will be applied at boot up.
[PS3 currently confirmed only] Unlike many other games that force the player to either update or quit the game (when connected to the Internet anyway), the patch download can be declined by simply pressing O. If the player tries to join either online public or private free roam, the patch must be downloaded although the player can still access LAN free roam by starting single player and entering a LAN session from the pause menu. It is said that the player can achieve the previous amount of XP from gang hideouts this way but no great change has been witnessed.
For previous changes to the game, see Title Update 1.01.
- Resolved various NAT incompatibility issues
- Improved connectivity to multiplayer for users with slower connections
- Improved reporting for Shootout and Gang Shootout games
- Fixed instance where Mo van Barr would not appear as a bounty
- Fixed multiplayer titles not appearing for some users in the outfitter
- Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
- Fixed Issue with hogtied victims disappearing when ragdolled
- Fixed crash in Free Roam when cooking dynamite and going into the water
- Fixed audible glitch at the end of some cutscenes
- Fixed Solomon's Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late (PS3 only)
- Fixed flying glitch at MacFarlane's Ranch
- Corrected Social Club 100% Tracker so stats update properly
- Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches
- Eliminated miscellaneous game crashes
- Reduced gang hideout experience.
Gang hideout experienceEdit
Experience earned when doing gang hideouts is reduced. Solomon's Folly has the most reduced experience, in average you get 2x or 3x less experience after the update than before. You still get $10 for each killed enemy and there still is as many enemies as before, but bonus score is decreased. For instance, although you could sometimes get 1.000 xp without playing in a gang hideout, you will get almost nothing since the update.