|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon
you might ought'a mosey on down the road
if you don't want to read any plot details.
|Game||Red Dead Redemption|
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
After Marston helps Abraham Reyes and his rebels overthrow Colonel Allende's regime, the Mexican Army will no longer spawn in any settlement other than El Matadero and Torquemada, where they will remain on guard.
Torquemada has some snakes on the ground between buildings, and by the fence lines during the day.
During the Undead Nightmare, this is one of 23 locations that must be cleared of the Undead and then protected from re-infestation thereafter. Once cleared for the first time, the player will receive the Pump-action Shotgun. People found defending the settlement are: Aurelio Canizales, Esteban Aguilar, Cesar Deguzman, and Carlitos Borrego.
This is also the location of Ramon Alvares, the second missing person to be rescued in the El Presidio segment of the Missing Souls Side-missions. The field northwest of the town is the only known location of the Unicorn, and a confirmed location of the Chupacabra.
The marker for the town is located north of the town itself, and if the player goes to the marker, they will see a small shelter with no survivors. The Undead will very rarely spawn there.
- Five Finger Fillet
- In Free Roam, this location is completely abandoned except for a single, scrawny dog. A transport marker was originally situated at the entrance, but was subsequently removed in an update to the game.
- A Bounty cannot be gained directly in the village itself, but if the player shoots the dog and then quickly rides to the ruins at the corner of the path that leads to Torquemada, then Mexican army will spawn both in the village itself and further down the path.
- With the addition of the Myths and Mavericks DLC a Stronghold match can be played in this location.
- Although it is abandoned, the chimneys are still functioning and there are bottles, buckets and beds in the houses.
- Torquemada is a good place to fall back to when gaining a bounty in Multiplayer. A good plan is to get a bounty in El Matadero, then fall back to Torquemada. It is easy to defend, especially by guarding the mouth of the valley leading to it.
- When saving Torquemada in Undead Nightmare, take care when shooting Retchers. Since Torquemada is so cramped there is a good chance of hurting a survivor when killing them since they explode upon death.
- The town's name may refer to Tomás de Torquemada, the brutal Inquisitor General of Spanish Inquisition fame.
- The settlement is very similar to the view of the village Walpi, Arizona in 1941 on Ansel Adams' photos. Still currently inhabited by members of the Hopi Native American tribe, Walpi is one of the oldest continuously inhabited places in the United States.
- NPCs can easily be pushed off the cliffs here, and no bounty will be gained by walking into them (not pulling the right trigger to push, which will cause an assault charge if against a soldier). Civilians, however, can be shoved off without accumulating a bounty.
- While saving this town from the Undead it is possible to shoot them off of the cliff. Bruisers can also be tricked into sending themselves over the edge if the player rolls out of the way as they charge.
- The ruins close to the town suggest that Torquemada may have once been much larger and a large battle might have taken place here, destroying the town.
- torquemada is the only non gang hidout that the player can sleep in on the undead nightmare pack but cannot in the normal red dead redemption
- There is sometimes a glitch in Undead Nightmare where upon arriving here there is a shadow and outline of the buildings, but it does not allow the player to "save" the town.
- First kill all the people in Torquemada without dying. Next, leave Torquemada and go to about the end of the rubble and wait there for a short amount of time. Then go back and sometimes there will be Snakes, Wolves, Bobcats and Coyotes that can be hunted.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
Have every territory saved at the same time during the Undead Nightmare
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.