|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
Red Dead Redemption
After Marston helps Abraham Reyes and his rebels overthrow Colonel Allende's regime, the Mexican Army will no longer spawn in any settlement other than El Matadero and Torquemada, where they will remain on guard.
Torquemada has some snakes on the ground between buildings, and by the fence lines during the day.
During the Undead Nightmare, this is one of 23 locations that must be cleared of the Undead and then protected from re-infestation thereafter. Once cleared for the first time, the player will receive the Pump-action Shotgun. Like all other rescued settlements Torquemada features a safehouse, it's inside the very center of the tower. People found defending the settlement are: Aurelio Canizales, Esteban Aguilar, Cesar Deguzman, and Carlitos Borrego.
This is also the location of Ramon Alvares, the second missing person to be rescued in the El Presidio segment of the Missing Souls Side-missions. The field northwest of the town is the only known location of the Unicorn, and a confirmed location of the Chupacabra.
The marker for the town is located north of the town itself, and if the player goes to the marker, they will see a small shelter with no survivors. The Undead will very rarely spawn there.
- Five Finger Fillet
- In Free Roam, this location is completely abandoned except for a single, scrawny dog. A transport marker was originally situated at the entrance, but was subsequently removed in an update to the game.
- A Bounty cannot be gained directly in the village itself, but if the player shoots the dog and then quickly rides to the ruins at the corner of the path that leads to Torquemada, then Mexican army will spawn both in the village itself and further down the path.
- With the addition of the Myths and Mavericks DLC a Stronghold match can be played in this location.
- Although it is abandoned, the chimneys are still functioning and there are bottles, buckets and beds in the houses.
- Torquemada is a good place to fall back to when gaining a bounty in Multiplayer. A good plan is to get a bounty in El Matadero, then fall back to Torquemada. It is easy to defend, especially by guarding the mouth of the valley leading to it.
- When saving Torquemada in Undead Nightmare, take care when shooting Retchers. Since Torquemada is so cramped, there is a good chance of hurting a survivor when killing the Retchers since they explode upon death.
Prominent Mission Appearances
- The town's name may refer to Tomás de Torquemada, the infamous Inquisitor General of the Spanish Inquisition.
- The settlement is very similar to the view of the village Walpi, Arizona in 1941 on Ansel Adams' photos. Still currently inhabited by members of the Hopi Native American tribe, Walpi is one of the oldest continuously inhabited places in the United States.
- NPCs can easily be pushed off the cliffs here, and no bounty will be gained by walking into them (not pulling the right trigger to push, which will cause an assault charge if against a soldier). Civilians, however, can be shoved off without accumulating a bounty.
- While saving this town from the Undead it is possible to shoot them off of the cliff. Bruisers can also be tricked into sending themselves over the edge if the player rolls out of the way as they charge.Note, to use extreme care if using this technique as if you do not act quick enough, the bruiser(s) can knock you over and result in you falling to your death instead.
- The ruins close to the town suggest that Torquemada may have once been much larger and a large battle might have taken place here, destroying the town. One ruined building contains a money chest (just before the player turns right towards the settlement itself).
- Another chest is located in the rear-most room of the village, but be warned; it will cause the player to become wanted when opened.
- Torquemada is the one of the five non gang hideout that the player can sleep in when playing Undead Nightmare but not in the regular Red Dead Redemption campaign.The 2nd one is El Presidio, the 3rd one is Las Hermanas, the 4th one is Pacific Union R.R. Camp, and the 5th one is the Old Bacchus Place.
- Before entering the mouth that leads to Torquemada, the player can easily see dark rectangular spots. In the De Santa mission 'Empty Promises', these are replace by actual tents. After the mission takes place and even in Undead Nightmare, these odd spots are visible. It is unknown if it is just a glitch in the game's cinema, or if it further implies something.
- The mission Empty Promises ends in this location.
- There is sometimes a glitch in Undead Nightmare where upon arriving here there is a shadow and outline of the buildings, but it does not allow the player to "save" the town.
- Animals will sometimes spawn in the town. First, kill all the people in Torquemada without dying. Next, leave Torquemada and go to about the end of the rubble and wait there for a short amount of time. Finally, go back and sometimes there will be Wolves, Bobcats and Coyotes that can be hunted.
Red Dead Redemption
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
Have every territory saved at the same time during the Undead Nightmare
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.