The American Army is a faction in Red Dead Redemption.
The United States Army is a branch of the United States Armed Forces responsible for land-based military operations against enemy forces, foreign and domestic; The U.S. Army is the largest and oldest established branch of the U.S. armed forces, and is one of seven uniformed military services.
The modern-day Army has its roots in the Continental Army, which was formed on June 14, 1775, before the establishment of the independent United States, to meet the demands of the American Revolutionary War. Congress created the official United States Army on June 14, 1784, after the end of the war to replace the disbanded Continental Army. The Army considers itself to be descended from the Continental Army and thus dates its inception from the origins of that force.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
U.S. Army soldiers fight alongside Marston in the hunt for Dutch van der Linde at Camp Cochinay, near Tall Trees. During the mission And The Truth Will Set You Free, if Marston rides in front of the column of U.S soldiers, the captain in charge of the soldiers will imply that the Bureau of Investigation is forcing the men to cooperate, similar to Marston's situation. After the assault on Cochinay, the U.S. Army is not seen until the mission The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed.
The U.S. Army are encountered during in the mission American Imperialism in which Marston helps some deserted soldiers to take over the Scratching Post from the undead. They give him a uniform so he can join a team in a train heading to Nuevo Paraiso, but in the way they are ambushed by a big horde of the undead and are forced to retreat, leaving Marston alone with the undead. They are also seen in the mission Missing Souls when the U.S. Army captain that helps Marston in the assault on Cochinay is seen putting a poster of a missing person. The U.S. Army is also seen guarding the survivors in Fort Mercer.
Red Dead Redemption MultiplayerEdit
- Slick Nick Funtz
- Tall Trees Ty
- Gaptooth McGee
- Big Bob Moorcock
- Frederick Littlefield
- Stephen Paul
- Jan Booth
- Eric Morganson
- There is an unlockable U.S. Army Uniform in Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare resembling those worn by the soldiers in the game.
- The uniforms of the United States Army and the Mexican Army ingame are similar, but with some notable differences: the U.S. Army uniforms are khaki in color and well maintained, while the Mexican Army uniforms are mostly grey in color, well worn, loose, and poorly maintained.
- The US soldiers wear the khaki version of the uniform introduced in 1902, even though this uniform had been replaced in 1906.
- The Army appears to cooperate with the infant Bureau of Investigation in ways that might be considered a violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.
- Marston always seems to be appreciated by the two Captains of the Army that are encountered in Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare.