Undead Hunter Challenges are a set of ambient challenges in Undead Nightmare. Completion of these challenges is necessary in order to obtain the Legend of the Apocalypse outfit and 100% game completion in Undead Nightmare.
- Rank 1: Kill 100 Fresh Undead and 25 Bolters. Reward: Ammo.
- Rank 2: Kill 25 more Bruisers and 15 more Retchers.
- Rank 3: Use a single explosion of a Retcher to kill two other Undead.
- Rank 4: Kill two Undead bears, five Undead wolves, and three Undead cougars using a torch. Reward: Ammo.
- Rank 5: Find and kill the Chupacabra. Reward: LeMat Revolver and Evans Repeater.
- Rank 3
- An easy way to do this is to hogtie a Retcher and two other Undead, place them near each other and shoot the Retcher in the head. A good opportunity is after the side-mission "Filth and Other Entertainment". Another option is to go to Las Hermanas before saving it; there will be a multitude of Retchers and regular undead.
- Another easy way to achieve this is with the cannon at the main entrance of El Presidio. There is often a Retcher that spawns to the left of the player on cliff side. Use undead bait to create a group of undead and simply shoot the Retcher in the head..
- Rank 4
- It is easiest to get this rank when riding one of the Four Horses of the Apocalypse. The animals will jump at the horse but they can't reach the player or kill the horse. Note that the Undead Bear and Undead Cougar can sometimes injure the player even while riding a horse. You can find all three animals at Tall Trees, these fierce animals will attack you once you are seen, simply wave the torch on the horse while the animals attack you, this can be easily accomplished.
- An easy way to gain Rank 4 is to attack the animal with Holy Water and then strike the creature once or more with the torch (Note: You may need to use more than one bottle of Holy Water to kill an Undead Cougar or Undead Bear). When the animal dies, it will count as if the creature was killed with the torch.
- It helps to ride Pestilence to complete Rank 4, you wont be knocked off the horse by bears, cougars or wolves, but the undead can still swamp you. Chase down the bears and cougars while on horseback, attack with the torch any chance you get until they die.
- Undead Hunter 3 occasionally has a glitch that doesn't register the rank as being completed despite meeting the criteria. It may be necessary to attempt the challenge again in a later game session.
Completion of Undead Hunter Challenges contributes towards the acquisition of the following Trophies/Achievements:
Attain Rank 5 in all Undead Nightmare Challenges.
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.