|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
The Union Suit does not give any bonuses or benefits to the player. It is a flannel, cream-colored one-piece pajama with a button-up front and a button-up back-flap. It makes John barefoot as well as removes his hat due to the fact that the Union Suit is a sleeping garment rather than casual wear.
- The third button from the top of John's Union Suit seems to be missing, as there is a buttonhole adjacent to the empty space. This may not be an error, but a way to show that the outfit is damaged.
- Following "Love in the Time of Plague", John will have his bandolier and satchel, as well as his rifle and pistol holsters worn on top of his Union Suit, compared to how they were absent during the mission.
- This is the only outfit which doesn't have shoes.
- When running on surfaces such as wood, it sounds as if John is wearing boots.
- When walking on blood, bootprints are left behind.
- Sometimes while walking around freed towns, people will sometimes say "Why is he in his long johns?" Long john's, like 'pajamas' is another common name for this type of outfit/underwear.