Be prepared, hackers! Rockstar announced yesterday that all hackers, cheaters and save game editors will be permanently banned for Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network, without any chance of unbanning.
Rockstar does however give everybody a chance at Redemption - if you delete all hacked saves and game files, you will not be banned. Do not forget to go online and play RDR a single time after deletion as otherwise you will still be banned. This will happen on Tuesday, August 24th.
Rockstar has also released these notes and exceptions:
- This will not apply to those people who simply took advantage of temporary exploits to rapidly grind up XP a few weeks ago. We are able to tell who actually hacked their save to have impossible scores.
- Banned hackers will also be removed from the leaderboards.
- To be spared, any hacked saves that you have will need to be deleted – single player as well as multiplayer. You should be aware that everything is wiped when deleting saves. These are the only exceptions:
- Players would keep any Achievements/Trophies they had already earned.
- All preorder items tied to their accounts would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network
- Any cheats earned through Social Club would be unlocked for them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network
This is good news for me, as I am really annoyed by those hackers. What about you guys?