Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
John notices a campsite out on the trail and decides to ask the occupant for a short rest from his travels. He meets a man named Andrew McAllister, who welcomes John to his camp. After a small conversation, McAllister tells John about how he is searching for a rich source of water for drilling.
McAllister then explains how he used a dowsing stick, and has found out that there is water underneath Pleasance House and wants to purchase the land. To get it, he needs the deed to the land and offers John a good reward if he goes out and retrieves it.
But unfortunately for John, Clyde Evans, the owner of Pleasance House, is not about to just hand it over.
Before this Stranger will appear on the world map, the player must complete:
After locating Andrew McAllister, the player must:
- Talk with him and learn of Clyde Evans and the water allegedly beneath Pleasance House.
- Ride to Pleasance House and obtain the deed to the property from Clyde Evans.
- Return the deed to McAllister and obtain your reward.
The mission starts in a camp on the road from MacFarlane's Ranch to Armadillo. A man using a dowsing stick remarks that he doesn't have the irrigation tools like the city folk do and explains to John Marston that underneath the Pleasance House there is a stockpile of water that he wants. The only way to get it is if he has the deed to the property. The owner of Pleasance House does not want to leave though. John Marston agrees to get the deed.
Travel to Pleasance House just north of Armadillo and talk to the owner. He demands $200 for the deed, says he'll buy a house in Blackwater (although he doesn't like the people there). John Marston has the choice to either pay $200 for the deed, kill the owner and take the deed or hogtie the owner (-100 honor) into giving the deed over.
Either way, you have the deed to Pleasance House and can now use it as a normal property (save your game and change your outfit, etc.).
Head back to the man at the campsite and hand over the deed. He then pays you $15 if you retrieved the deed by force, citing that he didn't want anyone to die, and that the owner has a son in Blackwater and John should keep quiet about the deal. Alternatively he pays $220 if you simply bought the deed, thanking you for using your own money to procure it.
After giving him the deed and completing the mission, he can be killed (-30 honor or -0 honor if you wear your bandana, random low end loot) and you can loot his corpse to re-obtain the deed to the house.
- Main article: Glitches in Red Dead Redemption
- There is a glitch where McAllister notices blood on the deed, even if the player paid Evans the $200 and did not kill him, causing McAllister to act as though the player killed Evans and pay them less.
- If the player purchases the deed from Evans, then changes outfits before returning to McAllister, the game may freeze during the final cut-scene.
- If you rob him but don't kill him, there will still be blood on the deed. If you pay him and then aim at him while he's walking away - but don't kill him - there is a chance there will be blood on the deed. If this happens, instead of gaining money by doing the quest, you will lose money by doing the quest.
- If you pay Evans, let him walk away, and then kill him, it is possible for there to be no blood on the deed.
- If the player hogties Evans the game will still treat it as if the player had killed him.
- This mission can also be completed after the final gameplay mission "The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed"; doing so after this point will cause MacAllister to ask "Is you the man Marston sent with the deed?".
- After completing this mission, the player may encounter Evans' son in Blackwater when he challenges the player to a duel for murdering Clyde.
- Like in "Eva in Peril", the player get their money back, and more, at the end of the mission if they pay Evans.
- The player can pay for the deed and then kill Clyde to get their money back (half of it if playing Game of the Year Edition's Hardcore Mode) plus loose change and -50 honor, but doing this will cause McAllister to notice blood on the deed.
- The Pleasance is available as a safehouse immediately after Marston gets its deed. The player can keep the mission unfinished and keep using it. If the player wants to complete the mission they can give MacAllister the deed, kill him and get the deed back from looting him. Doing so will result in -30 honor unless the bandana is worn. The player can also put bait down next to MacAllister, let the wild animals kill him, then loot his corpse for the deed without loss of honor.
Complete a task for a Stranger.
Complete 15 tasks for Strangers.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.