|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
| Red Dead Redemption mission|
Wolves, Dogs and Sons
|Given by||Jack Marston|
| Jack Marston|
"John Marston and Son"
| Jack Marston|
"Spare the Love,
Spoil the Child"
To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Follow Rufus to the wolf pack and kill all of the wolves.
- Follow Rufus to a second wolf pack and kill all of the wolves.
- Ride back to Beecher's Hope.
After killing all the wolves, it's time to head back to the farm.
- Main article: Wolves, Dogs and Sons/dialogues
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults or kills Abigail, Jack, Rufus or Uncle.
- Kills his own or Jack's horse.
- Loses sight of Rufus.
- Does not kill all of the wolves.
- Strays too far from the mission location.
- Breaks the law.
- Kills a dog.
- Commits vandalism.
- Assaults or kills townsfolk.
- In the opening cutscene, when Jack is practicing with the rifle, John gives him advice on how to improve his aim by telling him not to stiffen his back "because it'll make the gun jump". Which is the same advice given to John by Landon Ricketts in the mission "The Gunslinger's Tragedy".
this mission has the most glitches in the dialouge in the whole game there is 6 different blocks of dialouge. 4 on the way to the first wolves 1 on the way to the next and 1 on the way home. sometimes when leaving the ranch it wont start the dialouge at all other times skipping to the second or third or forth blocks right off the bat. the third block (where jack asks about johns father)is almost always cut real short when john says rufus is on to something. then after the first wolves the second pair almost always pops up immediately thus skipping the convo when going to the second pack by following the dog. the final block (on the way home) never messed up 4 me in about a hundred tries so if u get that far count ur lucky stars and save it. i never got the full dialouge in 1 mission so good luck.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.