To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
After getting healed by the doctor, Nigel West Dickens formulates a new scheme to get money. On the way to the Farm, Nigel tells his plan. Marston will pretend to be a farmer and intermingle with the crowd. Nigel will use Marston as a "random test subject". Marston will impress the crowd, and Nigel will sell his medicine. Marston must fight a farmer, shoot long distances and use Dead-Eye Targeting so the crowd will buy Nigel's 'elixir'.
Before this mission becomes available, the player must complete:
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Drive Nigel to Ridgewood Farm.
- Join the spectators at Nigel's show.
- Shoot the mounted skull and the thrown hat.
- Defeat Aquila in a fistfight.
- Disarm Aquila using Dead-Eye Targeting.
You meet up with Nigel in Armadillo. He gets you to drive his wagon to Ridgewood Farm while he explains what he wants you to do. Just before you get to the Farm he drops you off so you are not seen showing up together. Approach Nigel as he goes through his pitch. He will "randomly" pick you out of the crowd to sample his tonic.
- At first you have to shoot a skull from certain distance.
- Second you have to shoot Aquila's hat out of the air using Dead-eye.
- Third you have to win a fist fight with Aquila to prove your strength.
- And finally, you have to duel with Aquila and shoot the pistol out of his hand.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Abandons or assaults Nigel West Dickens.
- Kills the horses pulling Nigel's wagon.
- Misses the skull three 3 times.
- Misses the hat three 3 times.
- Disrupts Nigel's show.
- Kills Aquila.
- Does not disarm Aquila.
- Gets knocked out during the fistfight.
- Breaks the law.
- Commits vandalism.
- Kills townsfolk.
New Game Elements Introduced
- Locking on multiple targets in Dead-Eye Targeting Level 2
Mission Complete Unlockables
- To aid in targeting the skull there is a "shimmer" to highlight its position. Use it so you can hit it.
- After this mission, if the player walks over to West Dickens and aims at him or takes other aggressive action, he will try to escape or shoot back if fired upon. He is invincible, however, and cannot be killed.
- Earnest Seahorn is the man who helps Aquila up. Earnest is commonly mistaken for Randall Forrester, the cannibal from the Stranger side-mission "American Appetites".
- There is a chance that West Dickens may kill a local while riding into the farm by hitting them with his stagecoach.
- Among the crowd that gathers around Nigel West Dickens is Alfred Winlock, Earl Driscoll, Bert Venters, Errol Hewitt and Archibald Andrews.
- If the player misses the skull on the house, a cutscene will play where John will look upset and Nigel will tell the crowd "He is still getting used to his new vision!"
- An unnamed character with John Kelby's Character Model can be seen in the crowd.
- Using the Social Club cheat, Punch Out, will cause the player to fail the mission while fighting Aquila as it kills NPCs in one punch.
- Since the Dead Eye Meter is infinite during this mission, as Aquila constantly shoots John, he will be invincible in Dead Eye Targeting.
- While attempting to shoot the hat out of the air, it is possible to lose the ability to draw your gun. If it is drawn as you gain control of Marston and you quickly holster it, you may not be able to draw it and complete the mission. It appears reloading is the only remedy.
- Sometimes, another Bert Venters model can be walking past, getting on with his business on the farm, while another model is the one standing in the crowd.
- Sometimes when Aquila pulls his gun, another gun can be seen already floating in the air in front of him.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.