|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon
you might ought'a mosey on down the road
if you don't want to read any plot details.
|Affiliations||Juan de la Vara|
|Voice Actor||Grant Chang|
Zhou is a Chinese immigrant from Shanghai. Indentured as a servant for the butcher in El Matadero, he tells Marston that his love is waiting for him back home and he can't return to her because he's a slave to the butcher. The butcher tells Marston that Zhou is under contract, and if he breaks that contract he'll owe the butcher $10,000. He then says that if Marston brings him a white stallion, he'll give Zhou his freedom. The white stallion the player needs is a Hungarian Half-Bred, which can be anywhere in Nuevo Paraiso, but are usually found around Diez Coronas.
In the end though, even with his freedom, Zhou's addiction to opium keeps him from returning to his love; although he probably never had one to begin with (Zhou mentions he is $10,000 in debt). Marston finds him several days later at the train station in Chuparosa, obviously high. Zhou says that he will quit "tomorrow". Marston walks away and this is the last time Marston sees or hears about Zhou.
- “I came here to make my fortune. I got a job so I could marry my beloved.”
- — Zhou
- “If you don't help me, I'll die in this place!”
- — Zhou
- “I'll never see Shanghai again. I'll live and die in the dust!”
- — Zhou
- “Honestly I...I'm quitting tomorrow, and leaving.”
- — Zhou (while high on opium)
- If he, by chance, is killed by a rattlesnake or such, the player will not fail the mission.
- An older man wearing the same outfit as Zhou can be seen in the Blackwater hotel and working at the local bank.
- It is possible to kill Zhou after the Chuparosa meeting. After the cutscene, Zhou will continue to sit on the bench. Marston can then kill him, at the loss of 50 honor (unless the player is wearing the Bandana).
- It is speculated that Zhou's 'beloved' may actually be opium.
- He can be seen walking from El Matadero to Chuparosa after he is freed.
- He shares the name as a character in GTA Chinatown Wars, another Rockstar game.
- His name might be based on the Zhou dynasty, a dynasty in ancient China.
Complete a task for a Stranger.
Complete 15 tasks for Strangers.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.